UTME: JAMB Says No Registration Extension

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB has informed that it will not extend the period of registration for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME across the country. Authorities believe every candidate must have been registered before the deadline. According to JAMB’s Head of Public Relations, Dr Fabian Benjamin, JAMB had so far registered 600, 000 candidates for the 2017 exercise.

He said that measures are on ground to ensure the regulated platform could help candidates to get registered before the end of the month and to prevent irregularities in registration.
 
Benjamin observed that some applicants were seeking extension of the UTME registration deadline due to irregularities in the ongoing registration process.
Dr. Fabian Benjamin said,  it is wrong for any person to also think that there is inadequacy in the number of centres stipulated to register candidates for the UTME.
“We have already registered 600, 000 candidates since sales of form began March 20, how can there be inadequate centres or lack of manpower, when we have more than 400 centres. There is no such delay as alleged by some candidates, the issue here is that plenty people are registering for the UTME at the same time. The internet is working, if it is not working how then did we arrived at the total of 600, 000 that have so far been duly registered.”
Speaking further, Dr. Fabian said, “Large numbers of applicants seeking to register for UTME go to the Banks allocated for the exercise that is why there seem to be some form of delays and irregularities. Before we used three banks and now it is 15 banks because the period is short, but we are not going to extend the registration period, before deadline every candidate will register,” he said.
He, however, said that 25 persons have been arrested and handed over to the Police for illegal registration and sale of the 2017 UTME materials to candidates across the country.

You may also like...